I came across this lovely blog post from Mind Beauty Simplicity entitled Vogue’s 73 Questions: Blogger Edition and I thought it would be a great idea for my blog as well. It was a pretty interesting read for me and I hope it’s an interesting read for you as well.
- What is your usual Starbucks order?
I am not a Starbucks fan or a coffee lover in general.
2. What does your work station look like right now?
Full of papers and files that I keep saying I am going to sort out but never do. So a little spring cleaning is probably in order. (PS: in reviewing and proofreading I’m happy to announce I did my spring cleaning so my desk is now super neat and clean).
3. All time favourite food?
This is a really hard one because how do I pick? I’ll have to say doubles though.
4. Favourite author?
Very difficult to choose because I have so many. I love Jane Austen but James Patterson has my heart.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I am too jealous to actually be in an open relationship.
6. Favourite videogame?
I suck at videogames but the only one I’ve ever finished was Need for Speed.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
8. Favourite film?
Honestly, it’s a tie between Pride and Prejudice and Lord of the Rings.
9. Favourite book?
Toss up between Pride and Prejudice and Little Women. It’s really hard to choose because I have so many favourite novels.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Instagram. Never got the hang of Twitter.
11. Desktop or laptop?
Laptop because of the convenience.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
When something doesn’t go the way you want, it’s because the Universe is protecting you.
13. What project are you currently working on right now?
Does my life count? Honestly I am currently working on a self-love challenge and 30 day no sugary drinks challenge at the time of preparing this blog. I am also working on 19 personal goals to achieve by the end of 2021. So my project is myself.
14. Favourite colour?
15. Did you get good grades in school?
For the most part yes, except the subjects I hated like Maths.
16. Dream job?
To work with the UN as a humanitarian worker or to be an ambassador for my country.
17. Played any sports?
Nope, don’t like playing sports.
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, BA Literatures in English with International Relations (makes sense now, doesn’t it?)
Trinidadian, though the politically correct term is Trinbagonian
20. What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?
I love writing personal blog posts. The ones that do not fit into any particularly category, there’s no research or anything to go into it. It’s just me discussing my life.
21. What do you like to collect?
Books. It is my life goal to have a library in my home.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words.
Quiet, considerate, kind.
23. If you were a rapper what would your rapper name be?
It would probably be my initials.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
To build my dream house.
26. Hogwarts House?
Never watched or read the series (hides).
27. How many tattoos do you have?
Zero though I love them.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
Honestly social media and let me explain. I am most grateful for my blog, my Instagram, and Facebook and the communities within each social media platform. Trinidad and Tobago had its first COVID-19 case around the same time WHO declared we were in a pandemic. We’ve spent a lot of time in various versions of lockdown and it is taking a toll mentally. Having these communities and something to direct my energy towards has greatly helped me.
29. What’s the best thing that happened to you this month?
I realized I achieved two more goals from my list.
30. What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
I remembered why I started blogging, converted my Instagram page and created a Facebook page.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
A glorious nap.
32. Favourite season?
We have dry season and rainy season lol. So I’ll say dry season.
33. Favourite holiday?
This is really difficult but any holiday which means I’ll be eating more than usual.
34. Which fictional character do you relate to the most?
35. Do you like surprises?
Only good ones!
36. What’s the biggest surprise you ever got?
This is two fold. My coworkers and supervisor paid for everything for my graduation when I was graduating from my Postgraduate Diploma in International Relations programme and my boyfriend was in training at the time and I knew he wasn’t going to be there. So it was a bittersweet kind of moment. When we were leaving the auditorium I saw him sitting behind me. He got to see me cross the stage and graduate.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
Those two surprises made me cry.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve ever given anyone?
My boyfriend’s 25th birthday – he had to work on his actual birthday and kept saying he didn’t want anything done. So I did a mini surprise for his birthday and showed up by him with cake, food, ice-cream the day before. On the day of his actual birthday I managed to get one of his favourite influencers to wish him happy birthday. It was all definitely worth it.
39. Do you like muffins?
Yes! Chocolate chocolate chip muffins.
40. Do you cook often?
Nope, don’t like cooking.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Can’t think of any at the moment.
43. Cake or pie?
44.What’s your least favourite food?
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
Honey mustard or garlic sauce.
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday morning, what are you eating?
Whatever is available lol.
47. If you could teach a class in college, what would it be?
Definitely a prose class.
48. Best animated film?
49. What has a guy said or done that impressed you?
My boyfriend used to leave the southern part of the island where he worked to come on the northern part of the island to meet me on campus. Then he would drop me home and go home (he lives in the central part of the island). And he did all of this travelling.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
I like simple things that would allow us to actually talk. So coffee dates.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Show up extremely late with no explanation.
52. What’s the best pick up line?
I’m going to marry you one day. I know a couple where this actually happened and they got married and grew old together still married.
53. Best comic book character?
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse.
Money, medication, hand sanitizer.
55. Favourite drink.
56. If I could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
Hard pass. Acting is incredibly difficult.
57. Kittens or puppies.
58. Favourite sushi roll.
I’ve only had sushi twice so I cannot give an answer.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Sacha – pass the money. Picture here.
60. What foundation do you use?
Not a make up but I only use Sacha products – local make up company designed for women of colour.
61. Blowdry or airdry?
Airdry. My hair looks great when it is air dried with product in my hair. Picture here.
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I have none. My fashion style is what I like and what looks good on me.
63. Favourite Disney character?
Tiana or Belle.
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Not sure. Probably review blogs, prep my content for next week, and watch a movie.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
Any of the Home Alone movies.
66. Movie that made you cry.
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
Enrique Iglesias, specifically Hero.
68. If your life was a song, what would it be?
69. What’s your favourite animal?
We have a hamster so our hamster.
70. Favourite illustrator?
Whoever did the illustrations for the Enid Blyton books.
71. Person you’d love to have coffee with?
Not a coffe fan but any of my best friends.
72. What country would you like to visit?
73. Best way to compress?
Whew…we’ve made it to the end. So I hope you enjoyed it.
My nominees are:
And lastly but not least, you!
Thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little better. Don’t forget to hit the subscribe button for my blog as I share mid-week inspirational quotes exclusively to my blog. Feel free to follow and like my Instagram and Facebook page and send me a message.
Stay safe and until next time!